HobbyCNC PRO Stepper Motor Driver Kit
The HobbyCNC PRO Stepper Motor Driver Kit controls 3 or 4 stepper motors from your computer’s printer port! Ideal For Desktop Machining and Robots! Control Routers, Lathes, Mills, PCB Drillers, and Engravers! Just About Anything!
HobbyCNC PRO Stepper Motor Driver Kit Specifications:
- RoHS Compliant
- 3 or 4 Axis Unipolar Chopper control.
- Individual OR simultaneous control of 2/4 Phase Stepper Motors.
- Accepts 5, 6, or 8 wire stepper motors only. 4 wire types are not usable.
- 42VDC maximum input voltage, 12VDC minimum input voltage. 24VDC Minimum Recommended Voltage. Power supplies above 42VDC are not recommended.
- 3.0 Amps Maximum per Phase, 500ma (.5A) minimum. Each axis adjustable throughout this range.
- 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, and 1/16 Microstepping.
- Step and Direction Control.
- Idle Current Reduction to 50% when idle for 10 seconds. Can change this time delay.
- Built In Protection Circuit to help against blown chips on stepper motor short or open connections.
- 3.7″ by 6.8″ double sided with top silkscreen and thru plated holes and lead free solder PCB. (RoHS compliant).
- Power On Reset.
- On board voltage regulation for 5-volt logic with 24VDC cooling fan from motor power supply (fan not included)
- On board connections for home and limit switches with 10K pullup resistor provided to each. No need for a separate “break out” board.
- Minimum of components to make assembly fast and easy!
- Works with Step and Direction software such as DeskNC, TurboCNC, Mach3, etc
- Optional heatsink for motor current over 2 amps.
- Compare product features
Save time and upgrade to the HobbyCNC PRO COMBO Kits.
Combo kit includes:
- HobbyCNC PRO Stepper Motor Driver Kit 3 or 4 axis
- Stepper motors in same quantity as driver board channels (sorry no mix of motor sizes)
- 14′ of 6 conductor stranded stepper motor hookup cable
- M-F Parallel port cable 6′ long
HobbyCNC Kits require PCB soldering skills
HobbyCNC PRO Parallel Port Pinouts
|Pin #||Description||Pin #||Description|
|3||X Step||11||A Home*|
|4||Y Direction||12||X Home*|
|5||Y Step||13||Y Home*|
|6||Z Direction||15||Z Home*|
|7||Z Step||1, 14, 16, 17||**|
|9||A Step||All others||Not Connected|
|* The actual function of these pins is determined in the CAM software|
|** Pins 1, 14, 16 & 17 are made available via solder pads. Nothing is done to these lines on the PRO board. Straight from the D connector to the solder pads.|