HobbyCNC PRO Kits control 3 or 4 stepper motors from your computers printer port! Ideal For Desktop Machining and Robots! Control Routers, Lathes, Mills, PCB Drillers, and Engravers! Just About Anything!
HobbyCNC PRO Kit Specifications:
- RoHS Compliant
- 3 or 4 Axis Unipolar Chopper control.
- Individual OR simultaneous control of 2/4 Phase Stepper Motors.
- Accepts 5, 6, or 8 wire stepper motors only. 4 wire types are not usable.
- 42VDC maximum input voltage, 12VDC minimum input voltage. 24VDC Minimum Recommended Voltage. Power supplies above 42VDC are not recommended.
- 3.0 Amps Maximum per Phase, 500ma (.5A) minimum. Each axis adjustable throughout this range.
- 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, and 1/16 Microstepping.
- Step and Direction Control.
- Idle Current Reduction to 50% when idle for 10 seconds. Can change this time delay.
- Built In Protection Circuit to help against blown chips on stepper motor short or open connections.
- 3.7″ by 6.8″ double sided with top silkscreen and thru plated holes and lead free solder PCB. (RoHS compliant).
- Power On Reset.
- On board voltage regulation for 5-volt logic with 24VDC cooling fan from motor power supply (fan not included)
- On board connections for home and limit switches with 10K pullup resistor provided to each. No need for a separate “break out” board.
- Minimum of components to make assembly fast and easy!
- Works with Step and Direction software such as DeskNC, TurboCNC, Mach3, etc
- Optional heatsink for motor current over 2 amps.
- Compare product features
Save time and upgrade to the HobbyCNC PRO COMBO Kits.
Combo kit includes:
- HobbyCNC PRO 3 or 4 axis kit
- Stepper motors in same quantity as driver board channels (sorry no mix of motor sizes)
- 14′ of 6 conductor stranded stepper motor hookup cable
- M-F Parallel port cable 6′ long
HobbyCNC Kits require PCB soldering skills
HobbyCNC PRO Parallel Port Pinouts
|Pin #||Description||Pin #||Description|
|3||X Step||11||A Home*|
|4||Y Direction||12||X Home*|
|5||Y Step||13||Y Home*|
|6||Z Direction||15||Z Home*|
|7||Z Step||1, 14, 16, 17||**|
|9||A Step||All others||Not Connected|
|* The actual function of these pins is determined in the CAM software|
|** Pins 1, 14, 16 & 17 are made available via solder pads. Nothing is done to these lines on the PRO board. Straight from the D connector to the solder pads.|