HobbyCNC DIY CNC Router Plans are very thorough, 96 pages total, 49 pages of detailed drawings. includes complete bill-of-materials. Lots of dimensioned drawings, illustrations and photos.
There is one part (the axis drive screw) that is made from common hardware-store components, but it does require welding. I have been reminded several times that a welder is a not-so-common tool, so I made up some Axis Drive Nut & Antibacklash Kits so you can avoid welding.
The plans are provided as a digital (PDF) download. Plans Current Revision: 03. If you want to see all the plans not including the measured drawings, feel free to download a PDF here: DIY-CNC-Router-Plans-HobbyCNC no drawings.
Watch this machine in action
Your purchase will entitle you to download all future revisions of these plans as they become available. Select Downloads from your Account page
For questions, comments, requests or suggestions, use the HobbyCNC DIY CNC Router Plans Forum (login required to post).
Some reader comments
[stextbox id=”info”]I have scoured the net for many DIY designs and found many are over-complicated or not well thought-out; 2 aspects that your design does not suffer from.
– Warrick H
This is an excellent piece of work. Very high quality document. Really nice design. Thank YOU!
– Dave B[/stextbox]
- 96 pages total, 49 pages of detailed drawings
- Consolidated, single parts list for parts to purchase
- Added example sources to parts list
- Improved organization of drawings, added drawing list
(all consolidated at the end of the instructions)
- All drawings converted to Autodesk Fusion 360
- Added metric dimensions to all drawings
- Download a PDF of the plans not including the measured drawings, here: DIY-CNC-Router-Plans-HobbyCNC no drawings.
- LOTS of improved mechanical drawings with improved dimensions and readability
- Parts list added for Stepper Motor Mounting section
- Part number for anti-backlash spring
- Misc text edits and additions
- Improve quality of Figure 40 – Y-Axis Cutting Guide. Add more dimensions.
- Add Y-Axis bill-of-materials.
- Fixed odd location of Figure 45 – Example of motor mounting to the Z-Axis carriage.
- Improve Figure 23 – Drive nut and anti-backlash assembly
- Added sections:
- My Machine in Action
- Discussion Forum
- Limit Switches
- Shimming the linear bearings
- Stepper Motor Wiring
DIY CNC Wood Router by HobbyCNC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.