HobbyCNC DIY CNC Router Plans are very thorough, include bills-of-materials for each section. Lots of dimensioned drawings, illustrations and photos.
There is one part (the axis drive screw) that is made from common hardware-store components, but it does require welding. I have been reminded several times that a welder is a not-so-common tool, so I made up some Axis Drive Nut & Antibacklash Kits so you can avoid welding.
Digital (PDF) download.
Plans Current Revision: 02
Watch this machine in action
The DIY CNC Router Plans contain these sections:
Your purchase will entitle you to download all future revisions of these plans as they become available. Select Downloads from your Account page
For questions, comments, requests or suggestions, use the HobbyCNC DIY CNC Router Plans Forum (login required).
Some reader comments
– Warrick H
This is an excellent piece of work. Very high quality document. Really nice design. Thank YOU!
– Dave B
- LOTS of improved mechanical drawings with improved dimensions and readability
- Parts list added for Stepper Motor Mounting section
- Part number for anti-backlash spring
- Misc text edits and additions
- Improve quality of Figure 40 – Y-Axis Cutting Guide. Add more dimensions.
- Add Y-Axis bill-of-materials.
- Fixed odd location of Figure 45 – Example of motor mounting to the Z-Axis carriage.
- Improve Figure 23 – Drive nut and anti-backlash assembly
- Added sections:
- My Machine in Action
- Discussion Forum
- Limit Switches
- Shimming the linear bearings
- Stepper Motor Wiring
DIY CNC Wood Router by HobbyCNC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.