HobbyCNC DIY CNC Router Plans are very thorough, 96 pages total, 49 pages of detailed drawings. includes complete bill-of-materials. Lots of dimensioned drawings, illustrations and photos.
There is one part (the axis drive screw) that is made from common hardware-store components, but it does require welding. I have been reminded several times that a welder is a not-so-common tool, so I made up some Axis Drive Nut & Antibacklash Kits so you can avoid welding.
The plans are provided as a digital (PDF) download. Plans Current Revision: 03. If you want to see all the plans not including the measured drawings, feel free to download a PDF here: DIY-CNC-Router-Plans-HobbyCNC no drawings.
Watch this machine in action
I have scoured the net for many DIY designs and found many are over-complicated or not well thought-out; 2 aspects that your design does not suffer from.Warrick H
This is an excellent piece of work. Very high quality document. Really nice design. Thank YOU!Dave B
Your CNC router plans are nicely written, easy to follow, and comprehensive.
So far, the best plans I have purchased on the DIY CNC market today.
I have purchased five sets of plans so far, and yours are the best.
- 96 pages total, 49 pages of detailed drawings
- Consolidated, single parts list for parts to purchase
- Added example sources to parts list
- Improved organization of drawings, added drawing list
(all consolidated at the end of the instructions)
- All drawings converted to Autodesk Fusion 360
- Added metric dimensions to all drawings
- Download a PDF of the plans not including the measured drawings, here: DIY-CNC-Router-Plans-HobbyCNC no drawings.
- LOTS of improved mechanical drawings with improved dimensions and readability
- Parts list added for Stepper Motor Mounting section
- Part number for anti-backlash spring
- Misc text edits and additions
- Improve quality of Figure 40 – Y-Axis Cutting Guide. Add more dimensions.
- Add Y-Axis bill-of-materials.
- Fixed odd location of Figure 45 – Example of motor mounting to the Z-Axis carriage.
- Improve Figure 23 – Drive nut and anti-backlash assembly
- Added sections:
- My Machine in Action
- Discussion Forum
- Limit Switches
- Shimming the linear bearings
- Stepper Motor Wiring
DIY CNC Wood Router by HobbyCNC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.