Why choose HobbyCNC
Why choose HobbyCNC Stepper Motor Driver boards from for your DIY CNC, DIY Router Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone project?
There are many options for stepper motor drivers. From inexpensive ‘no name’ eBay boards, offshore boards with no support, single channel boards, shields, all the way to super-expensive, high power motion systems. Choose HobbyCNC for your DIY project, we offer a reliable, compact, powerful and inexpensive kit that fits perfectly in the DIY model. We’ve been doing this for over 15 years!
- US made printed circuit boards (Advanced Circuits in Aurora Colorado) . Not some ‘bargain basement’ lowest-cost provider
- High quality electrolytic capacitors. No cheap ‘off brand’ that will dry-out and fail after a few years in a harsh shop environment.
- All name brand components. No gray market or eBay specials.
- Large, powerful motor driver chips, mature, reliable, bullet-proof, short-circuit protection. Easy to add an effective heatsink.
- Drive 3 or 4 steppers with one board. Simplifies installation, wiring and mounting compared to using several single-channel boards.
- NO BREAKOUT BOARDS. Avoid extra complexity, extra size, extra wiring. One board instead of five.
- 25 pin “D” input connector. Compatible with PC Parallel port AND any TTL-level step-and-direction signals (Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Arduino)
- We are a “one trick pony”. We do only Stepper Motor Driver boards. We don’t do a lot of things half-assed. We do one thing full-assed.
- We provide support (FAQs, Support Forum) and we answer our emails.
(Here is what you want to avoid: repair TB6560)
- Max 3 amp drive per phase with short-circuit protection. ‘Nuff said.
- It is our product. We designed it, we kit it, we ship it, we support it.
- Compact sizes that are easy to mount.
Arduino name, logo and the graphics design of its boards are a protected trademark of Arduino LLC.
Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation
eBay is a trademark of eBay