Links provided as a courtesy only. We do not endorse or guarantee the suitability of them with our products.
- Gcode Generating Software Utility – an easy to use program that generates G-Code.
- DeskCNC Software – popular Windows(c) based CNC software.
- FoamWorks Foam Cutting Software – CNC software specifically designed to drive a 4-axis hot wire foam cutter via the parallel port.
- G Code Generator and TTF to DXF – Ttf to Dxf will take text in any true type font and convert it to a dxf file. A paragraph of text can be saved as a DXF file. Most cad systems can then manipulate the file.
Useful for engraving routing and sign making.
- Shoptronics CNC Programming
- Gilles Muller Foam Cutting Software – targeted towards cutting wing cores, but allows to cut any complex shape such as a fuselage and letters.
- CamBam – An application to create CAM files (gcode) from CAD source files or its own internal geometry editor. CamBam has many users worldwide, from CNC hobbyists to professional machinists and engineers..
- LinuxCNC – Controls CNC machines. It can drive milling machines, lathes, 3d printers, laser cutters, plasma cutters, robot arms, hexapods, and more..
- TurboCNC – G code interpreter.
- CNC Zeus – dedicated driver control software.
- Jedicut – free CNC software for CNC foam cutting board, allowing you to cut wings and fuselages
- MeshCAM – 3D CAM Software
- SmoothStepper – by Warp9 provides a USB or Ethernet interface between your PC and the HobbyCNC board.
- Complete Router Kit – complete modular router kits starting at just $499.
- Pilot Pro CNC Router – low cost desktop CNC router designed for superior performance and affordable robotic machining of precision parts.
- Think and Tinker – solid carbide router bits.
- Reliance Precision Ltd – lead screws and other hardware from the U.K.
Books, Plans, and Further Reading
- Electronic Engineering Times – EE Times connects the global electronics community through news, analysis, education, and peer-to-peer discussion around technology, business, products and design.
- J. Kleinbauer Desktop Milling Machine Plans – plans to build your own desktop milling machine
- Majosoft’s Hobby Site – over 400 pages of information on robotics, metalworking, engraving, etc.
- CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO Newsgroup – subscription link to a Yahoo!(c) CNC related newsgroup.
- Stepper Motor Tutorial – by The University of Iowa Department of Computer Science.
- Foam Cutting Machine Plans – CNC foam cutting machine plans for less than $10.