Links provided as a courtesy only. We do not endorse or guarantee the suitability of them with our products.
- Fusion 360 by Autodesk. High-end, parametric driven CAD/CAM system with advanced g-code creation
- LinuxCNC – Controls CNC machines. It can drive milling machines, lathes, 3d printers, laser cutters, plasma cutters, robot arms, hexapods, and more..\
- Mach3 – turns a typical computer into a CNC machine controller.
- TurboCNC – G code interpreter.
- CamBam – An application to create CAM files (gcode) from CAD source files or its own internal geometry editor. CamBam has many users worldwide, from CNC hobbyists to professional machinists and engineers.
- MeshCAM – CNC Software for Non-Machinists
- Gcode Generating Software Utility – an easy to use program that generates G-Code.
- DeskProto – a 3D CAM program for non-machinists. It can import STL files, calculate toolpaths and files for any brand of milling machine, 3-axis, 4-axis or 5-axis.
- Gilles Muller Foam Cutting Software – targeted towards cutting wing cores, but allows to cut any complex shape such as a fuselage and letters.
- Jedicut – free CNC software for CNC foam cutting board, allowing you to cut wings and fuselages.
- FoamWorks Foam Cutting Software – CNC software specifically designed to drive a 4-axis hot wire foam cutter via the parallel port.
Maker and hobby sites
Books, Plans & Reading
- Everything You Need to Know about Designing a PCB Layout. Nice high-level introduction.
- The Complete Engineering Guide CNC Machining. Learn all you need to know about CNC machining in 25 minutes or less. Whether you are an experienced design engineer or just getting started with CNC, this guide is for you.
- Electronic Engineering Times – EE Times connects the global electronics community through news, analysis, education, and peer-to-peer discussion around technology, business, products and design.
- HobbyCNC DIY CNC Router Plans – Made from common hardware-store materials.
- J. Kleinbauer Desktop Milling Machine Plans – plans to build your own desktop milling machine
- Majosoft’s Hobby Site – over 400 pages of information on robotics, metalworking, engraving, etc.
- CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO Newsgroup – subscription link to a Yahoo!(c) CNC related newsgroup.
- Stepper Motor Tutorial – by The University of Iowa Department of Computer Science.
- Foam Cutting Machine Plans – CNC foam cutting machine plans for less than $10.