Links provided as a courtesy only. We do not endorse or guarantee the suitability of them with our products.
- Fusion 360 by Autodesk. High-end, parametric driven CAD/CAM system with advanced g-code creation
- LinuxCNC – Controls CNC machines. It can drive milling machines, lathes, 3d printers, laser cutters, plasma cutters, robot arms, hexapods, and more..\
- Mach3 – turns a typical computer into a CNC machine controller.
- TurboCNC – G code interpreter.
- CamBam – An application to create CAM files (gcode) from CAD source files or its own internal geometry editor. CamBam has many users worldwide, from CNC hobbyists to professional machinists and engineers.
- MeshCAM – CNC Software for Non-Machinists
- Gcode Generating Software Utility – an easy to use program that generates G-Code.
- DeskProto – a 3D CAM program for non-machinists. It can import STL files, calculate toolpaths and files for any brand of milling machine, 3-axis, 4-axis or 5-axis.
- Gilles Muller Foam Cutting Software – targeted towards cutting wing cores, but allows to cut any complex shape such as a fuselage and letters.
- Jedicut – free CNC software for CNC foam cutting board, allowing you to cut wings and fuselages.
- FoamWorks Foam Cutting Software – CNC software specifically designed to drive a 4-axis hot wire foam cutter via the parallel port.
Books, Plans & Reading
- Electronic Engineering Times – EE Times connects the global electronics community through news, analysis, education, and peer-to-peer discussion around technology, business, products and design.
- HobbyCNC DIY CNC Router Plans – Made from common hardware-store materials.
- J. Kleinbauer Desktop Milling Machine Plans – plans to build your own desktop milling machine
- Majosoft’s Hobby Site – over 400 pages of information on robotics, metalworking, engraving, etc.
- CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO Newsgroup – subscription link to a Yahoo!(c) CNC related newsgroup.
- Stepper Motor Tutorial – by The University of Iowa Department of Computer Science.
- Foam Cutting Machine Plans – CNC foam cutting machine plans for less than $10.