Why choose HobbyCNC
Why choose HobbyCNC Stepper Motor Driver boards from for your DIY CNC, DIY Router Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone project?
There are a many options for stepper motor drivers. From inexpensive ‘no name’ eBay boards, offshore boards with no support, single channel boards, shields, all the way to super-expensive, high power motion systems. Choose HobbyCNC for your DIY project, we offer a reliable, compact, powerful and inexpensive kit that fits perfectly in the DIY model. We’ve been doing this for over 15 years!
- US made printed circuit boards (Advanced Circuits in Aurora Colorado) . Not some ‘bargain basement’ lowest-cost provider
- High quality electrolytic capacitors. No cheap ‘off brand’ that will dry-out and fail after a few years in a harsh shop environment.
- All name brand components. No gray market or eBay specials.
- Large, powerful motor driver chips, mature, reliable, bullet-proof, short-circuit protection. Easy to add an effective heatsink.
- Drive 3 or 4 steppers with one board. Simplifies installation, wiring and mounting compared to using several single-channel boards.
- NO BREAKOUT BOARDS. Avoid extra complexity, extra size, extra wiring. One board instead of five.
- 25 pin “D” input connector. Compatible with PC Parallel port AND any TTL-level step-and-direction signals (Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Arduino)
- We are a “one trick pony”. We do only Stepper Motor Driver boards. We don’t do a lot of things half-assed. We do one thing full-assed.
- We provide support (FAQs, Support Forum) and we answer our emails.
(Here is what you want to avoid: repair TB6560)
- Max 3 amp drive per phase with short-circuit protection. ‘Nuff said.
- It is our product. We designed it, we kit it, we ship it, we support it.
- Compact sizes that are easy to mount.
Arduino name, logo and the graphics design of its boards are a protected trademark of Arduino LLC.
Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation
eBay is a trademark of eBay