Test Points VR1-3 voltages

Welcome to HobbyCNC.com Forums HobbyCNC EZ Board Assembly Test Points VR1-3 voltages

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BrianV 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dominic
    Participant

Hey Hey Brian!
    It’s your good buddy Dominic with more Voltage issues!
    After working through what we both thought was an unidentified and incurable voltage issue I’ve run into another conundrum.
    (did all the precautionary and required checks/double checks) I get zero voltage at each of the Vref points.

Answers: yes, the chips (U8&U9) are in correct orientation by cross-ref’ed build pictures located on this forum.

Which resistor are you referring to here? R9? VR1?

“January 29, 2017 at 11:20 pm #3157 REPLY
    BrianV
    The pot is in a simple voltage-divider circuit.
    Potential that U8 and/or U9 are upside down
    resistor missing/not installed
    Do you still have 5V at the test point?”
    yes, I have 5V at the 5v test point.

I’ve sent pictures of my board to you in a previous thread/help desk. If you need those again please let me know. I”m at (once again) a lose as to what my next step my be.

Again, thank you for your quick and helpful replies,
    Dominic

Dominic
    Participant

Hi Brian!
    You’ll never believe this but.. Everything is fine. No issues. All readings are correct.

Its seems the NEW DMM I bought is not sensitive enough to read that low of a voltage.. figure that?

So, if anyone has a Southwire, model-16030A Digital Multi-meter, be advised. This Auto-selecting meter will NOT correctly read voltages (less than)<1 volt.
    A basic, low end, meter such as a Cen-Tech should do the trick.

Dominic

BrianV
    Keymaster

This is the second volt meter related issue in the last few weeks!

Thanks for the feedback! BrianV

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest