Slave motors synchro trouble

Welcome to HobbyCNC.com Forums Stepper Motor Questions Slave motors synchro trouble

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BrianV 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Alexandre Lavoie
    Participant

Hi , my probleme is when y jog manualy the y axis ( a motor slave to y motor) the 2 motors doesn’t start at the same time and unsquare the gantry . Thats do this only when i restart after the motor become on “standby” . I use mach3 and i’ve tried to use the same ouput from the p port to have perfect synchro signal , but thats doesnt work. Someone can help me please !!?

Alex

BrianV
    Keymaster

How exactly do you have the steppers wired (e.g. one per driver chip or wired two steppers in parallel to one driver chip).

So it does not do this if you disable the Idle Current Reduction? (install J4 to disable this feature), CORRECT (please confirm).

From the instructions: “Idle current reduction MAY cause lost steps IF your software settings are very aggressive for the start rate and accel rate. It takes a few microseconds to restore full power when commanded to move from an idle current reduced condition. Experiment a bit with this.”

BrianV

Alexandre Lavoie
    Participant

Ok thanks bryan ! I”ll try this .

BrianV
    Keymaster

Update?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.