How Do I Get The Spindle To Work

HomePage Forums Stepper Motor Questions How Do I Get The Spindle To Work

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    algot1901
    Participant

So far I have done the testing to make sure I have 5V @+5VDC passed. I also set VR1, VR2 and VR3 to 42V and double checked. I am using two transformers 1 is 24V and the 2 is 12V, power is supplied from the wall to the switch which is routed to the 24V transformer and also to the 12V transformer. The enclosure I am using was an old controller box which came with my CNC, the box has a fan rated for no more then 12V so I have routed the fan to the 12V terminals. The Controller box has a switch for the Spindle but I have no idea where to hook the spindle wires also there is a Variable speed knob for the spindle to control the rpm and finally there is an E-Stop switch where does this go.
    I also have some boards from Planet-CNC one is an Opto isolator and also an Output Board with 3 relays.
    Any help

Attachments:
    BrianV
    Keymaster

So far I have done the testing to make sure I have 5V @+5VDC passed. Good!

I also set VR1, VR2 and VR3 to 42V and double checked. I’m going to assume 0.42V! 😉

I am using two transformers 1 is 24V and the 2 is 12V, power is supplied from the wall to the switch which is routed to the 24V transformer and also to the 12V transformer. OK

The enclosure I am using was an old controller box which came with my CNC, the box has a fan rated for no more then 12V so I have routed the fan to the 12V terminals. Sounds good.

The Controller box has a switch for the Spindle but I have no idea where to hook the spindle wires also there is a Variable speed knob for the spindle to control the rpm and finally there is an E-Stop switch where does this go. Can’t tell you anything about the spindle switch nor the variable speed knob. Depending on the nature of the e-stop switch, you can use TB4 and configure your software to recognize this pin as E-Stop.

I also have some boards from Planet-CNC one is an Opto isolator and also an Output Board with 3 relays. If you want your CNC software to control the spindle on-off, then you’ll need to tap into the pins on the 25Pin D connector via the underside of the board. The EZ board does not have an easy way to access these pins as the PRO board does. The ‘output’ pins are 1, 14, 16 and 17. You MIGHT be able to route these to your relay board to control the spindle.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest