Home / Limit switch with ESS, MACH3

HomePage Forums General HobbyCNC Questions Home / Limit switch with ESS, MACH3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    3DMakerZone
    Participant

I am confused about wiring up home and limit switches with the 4-axis pro board, ESS smoothstepper, and MACH3. The pro board has 5 pins available but I have read that when using the ess the switches should be connected there. Doing so would require a BOB for one of the other ports on the ESS. Can I wire the switches directly to the pro board and have them flow through the ESS to MACH3? I plan to use a NC connection with 2 switches wired in parallel for each X,Y,A (slaved with Y) axis. Would I need to add any pull up / down resistors?

Mark

BrianV
    Keymaster

There should be plenty of inputs as-is.

ALL limit switches are wired in series (out of one, into the next) in a daisy-chain manner and all go to one input on TB5. It doesn’t matter WHICH limit is reached, you want to stop everything NOW.

That still leaves 4 inputs – one for Z-home, Y-home, X-home (and A-home if you have it).

The board already provides 10k pullups to +5V. Other than that, nothing is done to those 5 signal lines.

I’ve attached a schematic if that helps in understanding. Let me know if you need more info!

BrianV

Attachments:
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest