Drill Press Conversion

HomePage Forums General HobbyCNC Questions Drill Press Conversion

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    geokuf
    Participant

First off, new user.
    While I wait to save up the money for a mini mill, I looked into converting my drill press to do milling on small projects. I have ordered a Grizzly G8750 Compound Slide Table to use with my HF Central Machinery 12 speed drill press.
    After a lot of research I found it is necessary to replace the lower quil bearing with an angular contact bearing for the lateral stress. It is a 6005RS as it comes from HF. A direct replacement is the 7005-2RS, but is $70 in the U.S., but only $21 shipped from the U.K.
    Exactly the same dimensions, 25mm X 47mm. X 12mm.
    Eventually I want to use the HobbyCNC Combo Kit with the 205 in/oz. stepper motors to drive the X-Y on the table and manually adjust the Z-Axis until I can figure out how to modify the drill press with the 3rd stepper.
    After I have all the parts I will be posting pictures on the conversion and how to do it. And on YouTube.

BrianV
    Keymaster

Very cool! I look forward to seeing your progress. Take lots of photos and notes.
    BrianV

BrianV
    Keymaster

How’s progress? Any photos? I’d love to add them to the Customer Builds page!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest