Current Revision

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  BrianV 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

BrianV
    Keymaster

Current plan revision is Rev02, released 13-Jun-2016
    HobbyCNC DIY CNC Router Plans
    LOTS of new drawings!

Holm Miehlbradt
    Participant

Hi, I’m looking thru the router plans and figuring out where to source parts (I’m in New Zealand, some things are harder to find).

I cannot find a reference on a part list for the threaded rod to move the Z-axis. I would expect to find it in the Y-axis parts list, but I looked thru all part lists.

Could you please let me know where it is listed?

Thanks,
    Holm

BrianV
    Keymaster

Ah, that’s because it’s not listed. Oversight. Rev 03 it is!
    Anyway, it is just (in the US anyway) plain-old “1/4-20 All Thread” (1/4″ diameter, 20 threads-per-inch). Like this: http://goo.gl/4vbSUD. Though you will need a 4 foot length for the X-axis.
    You could use any size and thread pitch, tho if you go larger than 1/4″ diameter, you will need different bearings. For your neck of the woods, you might have better luck with a metric version. Just size your bearings to match and Bob’s your uncle. Thread pitch is adjusted in your CAM setup software (# of revolutions per inch or equivalent). Good nuff?
    BrianV

Holm Miehlbradt
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification Brian.

markm
    Participant

Rev03 Errata –

Dwg 1011, Sheet 1: Missing an overall vertical dimension. Estimating from the scaled drawing, I came up with 20.25 inches. How close is my guess?

Dwg 1027 is missing. It’s mentioned on pg 47 in the drawing list (among other places), but does not itself appear in the document.

BrianV
    Keymaster

Markm,
    Good eye! Thanks.
    I knew about Dwg 1011 (updated version attached).
    I’ll look into 1027 – I just started re-reviewing the plans to add the 1011 revised drawing and anything else that made sense.
    BrianV

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  BrianV.
    Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest