anti-backlash spring question

Welcome to HobbyCNC.com Forums DIY CNC Router Plans anti-backlash spring question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  david panichello 3 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

david panichello
    Participant

Hello: My question today is about the placement of the springs for the anti-backlash section of the leadscres. If the two nuts were to be next to each other, and the spring were to be on one side of the two nuts, wouldn’t that give more backlash than between the two?

The idea here is you place the spring between the two nuts for reduced backlash. Would there be any advantage to place the spring on either side of the two nuts?

Thank you

BrianV
    Keymaster

Look at the attached, starting on page 18. The spring is ‘pinched’ between the coupling nut and the square nut. Thread the rod through the square nut, slide on the spring, then thread into the coupling nut. Make sure the spring is compressed.

DIY-CNC-Router-Plans-HobbyCNC no drawings.pdf

BrianV

david panichello
    Participant

Hello:

Your CNC router plans are nicely written, easy to follow, and comprehensive. So far, the best plans I have purchased on the DIY CNC market today. I have purchased five sets of plans so far, and yours are the best.

Yes, I am aware of the spring location in your plans. One of the sets of plans I have purchased show the two anti-backlash nuts next to each other, rather than separated by the spring. It seems odd to ask this question; however, I believe this was a mistake in the CNC router plans, and why I asked…

david panichello
    Participant

Not your plans, the plans from another supplier!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest